Have you ever asked yourself, would life be better without alcohol?
Alcohol is one of those things… somehow we idealize it, like it’s the gateway to fun, but most often, especially as we age, it’s just the gateway to our own self-loathing.
Many of us have a complicated relationship with alcohol.
I know for me, even when I’m moderating, I feel like alcohol takes up too much of my brain space.
“Should I have a drink this weekend? If so, which night? Maybe I’ll have another glass. Eh I don’t need it. It’s been long enough, I’ll just have one more.”
It’s just too much. Why is it that even when I’m not drinking much, it still takes that much energy from me? Just in thought alone?
Well that’s what we’re diving into today.
Our guest is Ruby Warrington, creator of the term “Sober Curious” and author of the 2018 book of the same title.
We Will Learn
- The real dangers of alcohol, even when consuming moderately
- How to conquer FOMA – the fear of missing alcohol
- Actionable steps for setting a plan for your sober curious journey
- Ruby Warrington’s Website
- Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Connection Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol
- Sober Curious September Workshop
- Non-Alcoholic Drink Companies Mentioned:
Want more Mind Love in your Life?
You know I love to chat….especially with you! Snap a screenshot and tag me @mindlovemelissa and @rubywarrington on Instagram as you’re listening to this week’s episode. And remember to hashtag #mindlovepodcast, that way I can share your screenshot on my story too!
One more surprise ✨: Want to connect with the Mind Love community? Come join Mind Love’s Mastermind Facebook Group.
Subscribe and Review The Mind Love Podcast
Want to stay up-to-date on the latest episodes and strategies? Subscribe in iTunes and you’ll be the first to know when new episodes drop.
If you want to be featured on the show as a reviewer of the week, I’d be super stoked to hear from you. Click here to leave a review.
Share This Episode